- My initital title for this essay was Conceptualizing Meta Schemes, as distinct from Emotionalizing Meta Visions.
- My early exemplars are embryological development and educational futures emergence.
- The distinction I make between Conceptualizing and Intuiting is parallel to that made by Daniel Kahneman in his Slow/Fast distinction of fundamental human brain processes. “Emotion” plays a bigger role in Intuiting than in Conceptualizing, both positive and negative.
- Morphogenesis is an important example of meta systems/processes and of sufficient scope for this essay. I extend the term’s usage beyond the biological as it is limited to in Wikipedia to eventually include the speculations of Rupert Sheldrake’s morphogenetic fields and resonance.
- “Conceptualizing”, used in this essay, refers to a mind/brain processes (often in collaboration with other mind/brains) utilizing languaging (see Maturana) with high expectations of logical validity, empirical foundations, and precision. The topics of conceptualizing will be called “conceptual schemes” (physically represented by semiotic structures or sems).
- The intent of this essay is to focus attention on a possible phenomenon that almost all persons today working as activists on projects component to a morphogenetic emergence of a new humanity appear unable to apply conceptualization to the task. It is as if the task – sketching potential morphogenetic scenerios is a functional BlindSpot. They intuit visions of their goal but appear quite averse to give any attention to how their goal will manifest from the creative chaos of their contemporary activity. It is not that a deterministic program scenario is required (which is to be properly resisted), but that additional actions may be required to enable the actualization of the morphogenetic emergence. This neglect of attention applies to both scenario groups: the transformation of the old to the new, or the metamorphic emergence of the new to replace the old. The so-called EndGame when the inadequate “old” shifts to a more viable “new” lies at the center of their BlindSpot. What to do?